March 18, 2020
Dear Klaas Clients,
We would like to extend our heartfelt sympathies to all who have been affected by the outbreak of COVID-19. At Klaas Financial, the health and well-being of our clients and our employees is our highest priority today. Globally, we are facing unprecedented circumstances that none of us could have ever imagined. Our Executive Team has asked that our employees take every precaution to avoid contracting or spreading COVID-19. We are evaluating the situation daily and as a result, we are taking the following precautions.
While we are currently still offering our regular client reviews in our two offices as needed, we are also offering every client the opportunity to have either a phone or video review with our advisors in lieu of an in-person review. We have been using video conferencing technology as part of our daily practice as well as part of our business continuity plan which includes our ability to work remotely if needed. Within our offices, we are taking the following steps to protect the health of our employees and clients:
- Our employees are washing their hands frequently, especially after every client interaction.
- We are frequently wiping down all frequently touched surfaces including chairs and desks after each meeting and following the CDC guidelines for office cleanliness.
- We are avoiding all physical contact, e.g. handshaking, and promoting social distancing practices including the use of video conferencing in place of in-person meetings when possible.
- We are minimizing other touch points throughout our office such as: offering disposable cups for beverages to allow for self-service disposal with no touch wastebaskets; requesting our clients to handle their own coats; providing new pens for every client signature process, etc.
- We are requiring any employee showing signs of illness to work from home and have ceased all non-essential business travel.
Aside from serious health concerns, we also understand that you may have questions about the volatility in the markets, and more specifically your portfolio. While we are trying to keep you abreast of the unfolding situation through Klaas market updates, please also know that our advisors are available to answer your questions regarding your investments.
If you would like to speak to your advisor, please reach out to our offices so that we can schedule a quick chat via phone with them. Obviously, these days can get long as many of us face family concerns outside of the office that have escalated from the unknown virus situation. We would like to thank you for your patience in advance as we work to return your call within a 24-hour period.
Although our current procedures that we have recently put into place are subject to change given rapid developments outside of our control, please know that all of us here at Klaas Financial are working diligently to navigate these unchartered waters. We will continue to keep you informed as the situation evolves.
As always, we want you to know that we appreciate you, your families, and the trust you have put into us as we work through this difficult time. We pray that you and your family stay healthy and safe.
Maleeah Cuevas CEO
Investment Advisor Representative